Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shock & Awe

I decided to do this one a few of reasons..

First for practice,.. I wanted to incorporate a little more photoshopping into video,..figure out faster ways of doing so. Plus I wanted to play around with using a particle system as an outward explosion. See how real it can be. Not bad,.. I feel like if I added more layers to the explosion and adjust some timing and saturation it could look very real,..but in this case I kinda want to keep it a little cheesy,..seeing how I’m blowing myself up! The less real and the more cheesy,.. the less my family freaks out about it :)

Second I’m about to fix up some electrical in the house just seemed appropriate.....

WARNING,..Rated N ...for not little ones :)

Happy Holidays everyone


Tuesday, December 15, 2009


So this is my last week on this,..all the finals comps are due. Textures are created and my comps are composited! With all the craziness of in October I come away feeling pretty good about the work,..yet I still have so much to improve on and figure out,..but it was fun. Next up is Match Moving and Production lighting,..Yes!...

In all rights it should have been a fast comp to do but with the crazy structure it seemed to drag on and on! Plus working in HD sometimes is render hell!... but so much fun,...learned a lot and look forward to using many of these elements to do a Halloween video contest next year! Fun Fun!


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Project Update

Well,...coming along so far. Still tweaking some transitions within the ghost energy that stick out too much. There is some timing issues still at hand and also I want to add some subtle shake and noise,...Last I’ll start adding the audio.....

Monday, November 23, 2009

Extension practice,..and fun!

A couple of quick matte sketches I did for practice....


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Fall Wedding Mural

Been a few days since I posted anything,.

I thought I’d throw together a really rough cut of the pumpkin patch mural I did for a wedding. So many times I get asked to do a murals and I have to explain the work involved. The reason I need this much time to finish it,.. this much payment for labor and materials etc,....

So when I decided to do this one I thought what a perfect opportunity to film and document the process. To showcase what I can do with allotted time,..Something to show prospective clients....

Sure, it’s super fun but still a little bit of work too :)


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Phase Two

So here is phase two,..went out took a few photos around the Milwaukee area..

I then threw together a photoshop file to create the back ground plate. I will be doing some close-up tombstones for Becca to walk between,..hopefully place her in the environment further. Still tweaking it together,.. bit dark yet, but there will be secondary light source bouncing off a thicker fog in the background and below her, also light on the porch and within the house. (she does turn around suddnly for a reason)...Next comes atmospheric perspective, tree movement, cloud movement, leaves falling, ground fog and animated lighting, fun



Thursday, November 5, 2009

The ghost

Alright so I took an hour break and decided to just play around with some effects for my ghosts. I know I know,..really cheesy. But it’s only a quick test. Just trying to get a good handle on the particle effects direction and work out the color schemes. I also went out and photographed some really great tombs stones from the Forest Home Cemetery today. I’m working on the back ground painting now,..I’ll post it later


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Final Project step #1

I wanted to start blogging out this project I’m doing, step by step,..week by week. A project for class,..thought it would be cool to post the progress,... see where it goes.

Some production compositing . Basically all we have to do is film & separate elements, footage and incorporate it into one shot as realistically as a beginner possible!

So here is my first fore ground plate. Rebecca walking in front of the green screen, quick garbage mask,..all de-interlaced and keyed out pretty well,.. not a lot of spill light or secondary green reflection. There is some masking yet to do around her feet that I’m tending to now.

I used a photoshopped picture of our house as a proxy for the time being. It has the color values and saturation I will be going for later. I'll be shooting more footage and pictures for the back ground plates later,..but it is similar to this,....... looking at doing a mansion in our neighborhood,..should be cool,..

Next step is the back ground and color correction and any other elements that will be incorporated in the composite,..see you next week!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

House next door

An explosion test I did :) this house is for sale if anyone in interested...

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A quick test

A quick test I did,..working on some funny short film ideas and this is me figuring out how much I can get away with.
Caution,..rated N for Not little kids!

Logo animations

Did a couple of Intros for fun,..maybe I'l use them on some up and coming animation projects I'm working on. We'll see....